Saturday, July 20, 2013

GCSF - Round 2

As tends to happen, I spoke too soon.  Keegan's ANC had fallen again when we drew labs yesterday, so we started round 2 of GCSF.  The team wants to give him one more week to see if he will recover, but it seems fairly obvious to us that this is not related to the antifungals anymore.  A plan is supposedly being made in case next Friday's labs show the same results.  No one has told us yet what that plan may be, but as we have been here before, we know what's probably coming.  This could be a sign of either bone marrow failure from the steroids and/or rejection medications, or it could be an early sign that his immune disorder is ramping back up, despite the higher anakinra doses.  Either way, another bone marrow biopsy is likely on the horizon.  (Who knows though?  At this point, Keegan always surprises us, so don't take my word for it until the team makes a decision.  Just putting out there what we have done on previous occasions.)

Other than that, Keegan seems to be doing pretty well outwardly.  He was good in his therapy sessions and is taking to his new home nurse well.  We are hoping to get some swim time in today with my mom's family and enjoy the coming week while we wait on these results.  Thank you for joining us in prayer.  We wait, as always, on the Lord, for only He knows the secrets of our Bug's little body.  Some pictures from the week to round out this little post.

My little Ladybug waiting with me during Keegan's neuropsych testing.

Labs in the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders on Friday
This picture reminds me of Lily Tomlin's character, Edith Ann.
Big chair, little Keegan.  "And that's the truth!"

My view on my long run by the hospital this morning.
Grateful for every day I run past it and not to it.

No comments: