We selected this race because it benefits the hospital where Keegan receives most of his care, Children's Medical Center Dallas. It will be run very close to the Legacy campus (and virtually walking distance from our house...bonus!). We will not be fundraising, but we would love to see some friends come out to walk and run in support of our Bug and his medical team.
So here's the important info if you'd like to join us:
- Saturday, March 23, 2013 in Plano, just east of the Shops of Legacy
- 5K starts at 8:30pm. We will gather at the race location around 7:30pm at a TBD area to chat and have fun with our team. However, our family will not be dallying long after the race. Gray is going to push Keegan and Audrey in the double stroller (I will be racing, hoping to at least take my age group), and this race starts after their normal bedtime.
- Registration Info:
- Go to the race website to register: http://fireflyrun.com/locations/dallas/
- Click on the "Register Now" button.
- Make sure you select team registration, then "K's for Keegan".
- This is a more expensive 5K than I would like,
but there are still deals on registration available. We purchased a discount from the website ZOZI to get half off our fees. Click HERE to purchase the same deal, but hurry, it will end soon!Update: The Zozi deal has evidently expired; that link takes you to a coupon for the Houston race. I apologize. I looked around and was able to at least find a code for $5 off. At registration, enter the code MRTT13. If you use this and it works or doesn't, please let us know!
- TSHIRTS! We will be ordering some K's for Keegan tshirts for anyone who participates. I think, at this time, we will only order for those coming to this race, and when the design is completely finished, we will order for anyone who wants one. If we finish it before the race with time to print, we will open up the orders. We'll just have to see. If you are going to run and want a tshirt, please, please, please register quickly and let me know your size.
I think that's it! If you have any questions, please just let us know by email or in the comments below. If you're coming out, YEAH for you! ;) Also please let us know when you register because at this time, the race organizers haven't given us a way to access team registration to know who has signed up.
Get excited, team K's for Keegan!!