Saturday, October 27, 2012

I hate this

Autism, developmental delays, brain damage from stroke or hemorrhages.

I don't care.

I hate it.

I hate that because of it I can't get a picture of my beautiful son.

My friend, Chelle, set up a beautiful photo shoot outside with a lovely Santa who sits and reads stories to the kids for amazing Christmas photos.

I hate that whatever it is that makes Keegan this way means we can't even get him to sit and listen to one story. No posing, no smiling. Just sit. Without a stick in his hand. Without throwing a fit.

There is no reasoning with him. He doesn't want a reward. He doesn't want to do something else. He doesn't even NOT want to do what you're asking. He just can't.

And I don't know why.

I hate it.

It breaks my heart. It makes me angry. And I hate it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. without all the other health worries you have on top of this one, I've been here plenty of times. hang in there. let your wonderful team of teachers and therapist know when an important day (for you...he could care less about it) is coming up, and they can help so much! social stories, practice posing etc. they do amazing things! They know how their little brains are thinking or reacting to a bit better than us newbies in autism. hang in there! and sad as this sounds, it has helped me to not get my hopes up in any social situation that we have dreamed of (halloween, christmas, trip to movies, theme parks, birthday parties, field days etc). you'll get your chance to enjoy all this with ladybug for sure! if something goes well, we take it as a true miracle and enjoy every bit. hugs:)

Anonymous said...

:(
So sorry for the disappointment!