Friday, December 24, 2010

News Story - Meeting Johnston's Family

UPDATED 12/25:
Here is the news story on Channel 8 (ABC), covering our first chance to meet Johnston's family.  Thank you to everyone for letting us know that it had been fixed online.  We couldn't wait to share this with you!



Thanks so much for your wonderful feedback and support.  We may not have had a tree, all the gifts, decorations, or traditions, but this was truly the best Christmas gift we could possibly receive.  We will never forget this momentous occasion, and we're looking forward to building a wonderful friendship and family with Kevin, LaMonica, and Kingsley.  As Kevin said, we want Kingsley and Keegan to be like brothers...and they are just that in a very real way.

We hope each of you have a most merry, joyous, and peaceful Christmas! 

And the Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.
We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father,
full of grace and truth...Out of His fullness we have all received grace and in place of grace already given.
John 1:14, 16

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it links to a good story and video, but it's not Keegan's and Johnston's story or video now. I look at your blog through Ben and Abby's blog, which I link to through April's blog. I've been following Keegan for a long time, and I am amazed at your strength!!! Keegan and Audrey are VERY blessed! Merry Christmas!! Misty S.

Tari Anne said...

Hello, I have read your entire blog and have looked at every picture. My cousin, Matt Gephart, went to Jesuit with Gray and told me about Keegan. I am an open heart ICU nurse at The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano (but I work with adults) and I have a one year old, Kellen. So, from several different perspectives I am incredibly touched by Keegan. Maddie, I am so completely amazed by your strength and grace. I get worried every time Kellen has a fever or another cold...much less what you must endure daily with your precious boy. And to say he, AND Audrey, are precious is an understatement.

I don't know what else to say; I'm overwhelmed by your story. I will add myself to the many that will pray everyday for you and your family. GOD BLESS YOU and Merry Christmas!

Tiffany said...

I am sitting at work looking at the blog to see how Keegan is doing, as I often do. The story is amazing, and brought tears to my eyes. I hope you guys had a very merry christmas...hope to see Mr. Keegan soon. OUTPATIENT of course.

Tiffany

Stacie said...

Tears. And more tears. What a special story! Thanks for sharing the link.

Much love,
Stacie Smith