Sunday, May 23, 2010

Moving On

This weekend was good and bad.  Saturday, we had the difficult task of putting away all of Rusty's things.  It was so much harder than I expected.  We have a beautiful painting my parents bought in France of a Brittany that looks like it was made of Rusty as a younger dog; all it was missing was a freckle he had near his nose.  I always wondered how I would feel when this day came looking at that painting.  It reminds me of his better days though, and we're so glad to have it.  Keegan hasn't seemed to be really that affected by not having the dog around, but then again, it's hard to tell with his limited vocabulary.  I guess only time will tell with that one.  It's definitely been an adjustment to our routine, and my mental checklist of daily things to do has been thrown off the last few days by not having to include Rusty anymore.  I almost asked Gray if he had given him a treat this morning, and I've heard Gray start saying his name a few times by accident.  I know it will get better with time, but right now, it's still heavy on our hearts.

By Saturday afternoon, we were ready to get out of the house.  We loaded up the car and went to a new park in Frisco to explore with Keegan.  It had a great playground with lots of slides and ramps for Keegan, a walking trail, and a creek.  And best of all, we had it all to ourselves! 

Look at all this, Daddy!

Which slide do I go down first?

Clapping for himself after Daddy helped him scale the "rock wall"

Hello, down there!

Watching the minnows swim in the creek

We saw this beautiful bird as we walked along the creek.

We topped off our afternoon with a little frozen custard before heading home.  All in all, it was a nice afternoon and great to get away from the house for awhile.  Sunday, we planned to take more pictures at Mamie & BD's house for the first swim of the year in the pool.  Keegan has been wanting to get in the pool all winter long, but today, he decided to freak out when we went outside.  It took him forever to get near the water.  Then he finally climbed on a raft, which he then refused to get off of for a good 30 minutes.  We finally moved him and the raft into the spa, where we finally coaxed him into the water.  After another 30 minutes or so, he was having a fit when we told him it was time to get out and go home!  Needless to say, we kinda forgot about the camera!  So more pictures to come of swimming soon!

We want to thank you all yet again for your prayers and support for our family.  We are truly blessed by each of you.  Tomorrow, I have appointments with the OB and perinatologist with another sonogram to check fluid levels.  We'll be sure to update, but we are hopeful that Audrey will be happy for at least another week before making her appearance!  Thanks again.

No comments: