Tuesday, August 26, 2008


We have had an overall good day. I spent the night with Keegan while Maddie went back to the house to rest. Keegan slept better last night then he has since he has been sick. He would stir but never really wake up. I was on pins and needles most of the time. I didn't want him to roll on a sensor or lay in an awkward position. Well, it was all for not because he pretty much stayed on his side. We had some slightly high blood pressure and no fever over night.

Once the day shift came back we stared our testing. The ID division called for a number of tests which included a blood draw, nose swab, throat swab, and "Bum" swab. We are still waiting on the cultures for that. I hope we hear something tomorrow. Today our blood pressure is much lower and we have a normal to slightly below normal temperature.

We were visited by the cardiac transplant staff and the decision was made to take Keegan off the IV antibiotic and place him on an oral one. The thought process is that we wanted to make sure we are ok with that for at least 24 hours here at the hospital before we are sent home. We were on similar oral meds when we were sent home and his fever started spiking again.

There is no word yet on what the virus maybe or the origin of the “black tongue.” Keegan’s color has started to return his personality is starting to return to normal. If he continues on this tract there is discussion that we may be released sometime late tomorrow. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers… They are certainly helpful.